Because “Wordpress” sounds like 2000. And content is what matters.
This Blog is made in Hugo. 3 reasons:
- There is no need to re-invent the wheel (unless you really want to learn about wheels)
- I’m not into Web Development and currently it’s not in my top priorities
- Hugo is awesome
Hugo is a static site generator-framework-thingy built in GO. It is characterized by it’s ease-of-use, build speed, and low footprint. And if these 3 core features are not enough, check these out:
- It’s Cross Platform
- Has lots of Themes to choose from
- You can see changes immediately with Live Reload
- Has Google Analytics integration
- It’s highly customizable
- It’s called Hugo, therefore you can trust it
If this is a simple site it’s because I like a simple site, not because Hugo is basic. And you are not seeing a plain HTML site because I’m still a decent human being. The point being: don’t be mistaken. The 200+ themes list you can pick from doesn’t give room for complaints. For example, you can create a beautiful documentation site with Docsy, an introduction to your amazing new shiny product with Vex, or a simple, readable site like this with Jane.
Set a Theme, a configuration file, and a decent file structure, and you’ll have a static site that will satisfy even the most eye-trained user.
And in this case there is absolutely no need to develop a Blog from scratch, what matter is stability and how easily can I publish content.
Also, files can be Markdown formatted so adding content is as simple as writing some notes with a little bit of spicy metadata.
It’s like magic, it really is.
Read them, they are good.